The Syzygium Buxifolium is a native species to South Africa and is commonly called a Roseapple/Brush Cherry or Myrtle. They get their names from the small bright red fruits which have a cherry-like appearance. The beautiful soft cream flowers precede the fruits are have wonderful long stamens which give them a star-burst appearance. The leaves of this species are naturally small in size giving this bonsai as naturally dainty stature. The new leaves are often flushed with a blush-red colour and fade to a dark green. A easy variety to grow and ideal for beginners. The bonsai has been a symbol of love, hence it has become an emblem for marriage. It is also believed to be the flower of the gods, being sacred to the Greek goddess Aphrodite, the goddess of love. … It also symbolizes good fortune. It is believed that cultivating a Syzygium Buxifolium plant will usher in peace and love to your home. This plant is also considered a representation for long life, as well as joyful living. It is very elegant bonsai tree that many people love to grow in their homes.
Brush Cherry Bonsai Tree
- Incredibly beautiful, small, bushy, green leaves, flowering bonsai tree.
- Good Luck Plant – The ancient Greeks and Romans associated this plant with love and virginity and for this reason myrtle twigs with the delicate white flowers are often used for wedding bouquets and bridal wreaths
- Flowering Bonsai Plant – The bonsai displays incredible cream fragrant flowers in late summer. Sometimes Tips of leaves become red during summer.
- Beautiful Leaves – Delightful naturally miniature leaves adds yet further character
- Material – This broom style bonsai plant is 3 year old, around 20 cm in height , comes with a ceramic pot.
Out of stock